Dr. Joseph D. Murray and Dr. William Alexander offer ClearCorrect at their Atlanta, GA, practice as an alternative to traditional braces. This treatment can help straighten teeth using clear, custom-made aligners. If you have minor to moderate misalignment, but you do not want to deal with the hassle of metal braces, ClearCorrect may be the solution for you. Like most patients, you may also find the aligners to be more comfortable and convenient than standard braces. At J.D. Murray, DDS, & Associates, we will conduct a complete exam and consultation to determine if subtle, effective ClearCorrect may be right for you.
Candidates for ClearCorrect
ClearCorrect can address many of the same oral concerns as traditional braces, including:
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- Open bite
- Rotated teeth
Thanks to advances in ClearCorrect technology, the treatment is suitable for a wide range of patients. However, if you have severely crooked teeth or multiple alignment issues, traditional braces may be more appropriate than a cosmetic treatment.
To begin your ClearCorrect process, Dr. Murray or Dr. Alexander will take digital scans of your dental arches. We send these virtual models, along with photos of your smile, to a lab that specializes in ClearCorrect. There, technicians will create a series of discreet aligner trays, made from smooth plastic. Your treatment team will craft the aligners to fit securely around your teeth. Each tray will have a slightly different shape, and it will place a gentle force on your teeth. In this way, the trays will gradually realign your smile.
ClearCorrect can be just as successful as traditional braces. Because misalignment can lead to decay, the aligner trays can enhance both your oral health and appearance.
When you receive your ClearCorrect trays, you will wear each tray in the series for about two weeks before moving on to the next aligner. You can remove your trays to eat and brush your teeth. For optimal results, you should keep the aligners in 20 to 22 hours a day. The exact length of your treatment will depend on the extent of the issues you wish to treat. If you require more extensive correction, you may be a candidate for Six Month Smiles®.
Why Choose ClearCorrect?
If you are considering your orthodontic options, there are a number of reasons to choose ClearCorrect, such as:
- Effectiveness: For qualified patients, ClearCorrect can be just as successful as traditional braces. Because misalignment can lead to decay, the aligner trays can enhance both your oral health and appearance.
- Subtlety: ClearCorrect trays are virtually impossible to see. This treatment can be an especially good choice for patients who feel self-conscious about metal braces.
- Comfort: The aligners are smooth and will not irritate the inside of your lips and cheeks. Additionally, they can exert a gentler force on your teeth than standard braces for less painful treatment.
- Convenience: With regular braces, you would need to visit the orthodontist at least once a month to have your braces tightened. ClearCorrect requires fewer office visits.
- Flexibility: Because you can remove the aligner trays to eat, you will not typically need to make any adjustments to your diet. You can also receive other cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening while undergoing orthodontic correction.
- Oral Health: The removable aligner trays will also allow you to clean your teeth more thoroughly than you can with metal braces. Thus, you will face a lower risk for decay and tooth discoloration.
Subtly Straighten Your Smile
Do not let a crooked and misaligned smile hold you back. To learn more about ClearCorrect and to find out if you are a candidate for treatment, contact J.D. Murray, DDS, & Associates today.